I will be presenting the key attributes for the design and implementation of an IoT platform that can be used safely for connected medical devices. I will show the implementation of such platform to deliver solutions that simplify life for people with Type 1 Diabetes.
Presentation (modified version): [PDF]
Dr. Aiman Abdel-Malek is the Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer at Insulet Corporation since February 2018. From March 2016 to February 2018, he served as their Senior Vice President, Advanced Technology and Engineering. The year before, he served as President of Frictionless Life Analytics, Inc., a business development and technology advisory and consultancy company, enabling the growth of start-up ventures focused on Internet of Things (IoT) platforms and solutions. From 2012 to 2015, Dr. Abdel-Malek served as Vice President, Engineering of Qualcomm Life, Inc., a mobile healthcare solutions company. From 1988 to 2012, he held various roles at General Electric, including General Manager - Global Services Technology at GE Healthcare. Dr. Abdel-Malek brings over 20 years of experience as a senior executive leading healthcare teams to develop profound technology breakthroughs that optimize services. Dr. Abdel-Malek holds a Bachelor of Science, Systems and Biomedical Engineering from Cairo University and a Ph.D in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Southern California. He holds over 30 patents and publications and is keynote speaker in various digital healthcare forums.
- Leading, motivating and mentoring global teams (North America, India, Europe)
- Creating an inspiring execution culture that drives focus and accountability while celebrating success through helping others (volunteerism)
- P&L cross-functional management(Engineering, R&D, Operations, Quality , Marketing, IT)
- Strategic vision- translation into Multi-generational product/service value offerings
- Innovative Product development and engineering release processes that meet FDA and relevant regulatory organizations
- Strategic Partnership and M&A orchestration
- Digital mobile Healthcare Solutions: Software as a Service (SaaS), Systems, and Cloud-based architecture for scale-able Service delivery platforms
- Remote Monitoring and Diagnostics/Prognostics (RM&D)Services for people & machines
- Predictive Analytics– transforming multi-data streams to actionable knowledge based services offerings “Decision Support Systems”.
- Novel wireless Sensors for medical and inspection value-add services
- Privacy by design
- Scientific Advisory Board member for X-Prize (Tricorder)
- Member, Board of Directors, Warwick University (United Kingdom)
- Frequent keynote presenter on Digital Health & Big Data Analytics