PRECISE’s Industry Day 2019 is an informal and engaging day-long symposium for leading executives and engineers involved in working towards the same goal of making the world a safer, better place through AI/ML. The event allows industry the opportunity to see first-hand, the latest, ground-breaking research being undertaken by PRECISE. Given its success year-after-year, PRECISE's Industry Day has grown to become one of Penn Engineering's signature events.
In the past, the presentations, given by our Industry Day speakers, covered several areas, such as designing and developing Cyber-Physical Systems, Embedded Systems, Hybrid Control Systems, and IoT. However, in 2019, PRECISE has shifted its focus to developing cutting-edge approaches, algorithms, tools and technologies for "Safe AI" - ensuring the safety of autonomous systems across various industries (e.g., automotive, medical, etc.)
Our speakers will present on topics related to Safe AI that answer the following questions:
- What is your company's overview of Safe Autonomy?
- What are your views on how verification technologies can help/hope to scale to highly sophisticated autonomous systems?
- What are your views on how ever-increasing autonomy will change society in the future?
- What do you prioritize, or deprioritize, when building an algorithm for safe autonomy?
- How is autonomy be used in your product(s)? What challenges are you facing?
- How do you process and learn from large volumes of customer-driven data?
- What system architecture enables smooth software updates and how do you evaluate software updates?
- What is your approach to assuring autonomous systems are safe? What could be improved about this process?
- What ways can Safe Autonomy affect your business in the future?
- How do you build social costs or human value into algorithms (e.g., when a system must decide to spare harm to drivers, passengers, or pedestrians)?
We look forward to seeing you here!